Thursday, June 24, 2010

Total change of plan

Where do I begin?

I totally slacked off on blogging which sucks because I really enjoy writing.

A lot has changed since the last time I blogged so I will try to summarize.

The ID fellowship was doing more bad than good for us as a family. We kept questioning whether it had been a good choice or not. Perhaps in another situation it was a good idea but the bottom line was that in the situation that we were currently in it wasnt. So on one night as Dr.D was driving home from work we decided that we werent going to go through with the fellowship. Of course this was a huge decision that would change our life completely and practically overnight.

Mia was due for her post op angiography in Boston and so we decided that after her angiography (The angio results were perfect) Dr.D would resign from the fellowship and we would make a 1000 mile move back home and close to our families.

One of the best moments after our decision was making the call to my parents and letting them know that we were coming home. I never really blogged about it but it really killed them that we were far away. My parents were exstatic and booked plane tickets right then and there to help us with the move.

The hardest part was telling my close friends especially Shan that I would be moving. Everyone was shocked since it really hadnt been in our plans to move back, we had always talked about staying in the area even after Dr.D was finished.

The whole process took only 2 weeks from the moment we decided to end the fellowship to the moment we arrived to my parents home. We actully drove down in three vehicles. I drove my car with the girls and my mom, my dad drove Dr.D's car, and Dr.D drove a Uhual we rented to carry all our things. The move took 2 days and then our new journey began: finding a job as an Internal Medicine Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment