Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mothers Day

Since I wasn't online during Mothers day I didn't get a chance to post about my day. I was registered for a 5k on Mothers day so we got up early and woke up the girls, who gave me there presents, I got earrings from everyone and then L gave me 2 cards and a poem she had made at school and M had made me a number of cards over the last week but she didn't know where they were so when I asked her she said " silly goose those are for next mothers day" it was so cute and funny (later on she found them and gave them to me). We arrived at the 5k around 7:30am and the race started at 8:15. Dr.D stayed with the girls in a children's tent they had set up with a concert, face painting and animal balloons. I finished the race in 35 minutes and 30 seconds and I am really happy with my outcome, especially since I only began "running" for the first time at the beginning of March. After the race we walked around and gave the girls some additional time in the tent and my friend Shanwhic h was also in the race and her son (whom M plans on marrying, lol) met up with us, it was a lot of fun. Next we went out to lunch (cheese steaks, yum!) and then came home. Dr.D and M took a nap and L and I watched a movie, after the movie we went to Marshall's to buy her some shoes for a dress she wanted to wear. Around 4pm we went over a friends house for a Mothers day get together. It was a really nice Mothers day. Happy belated Mothers day to all the mommies out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment