Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thankful Thursdays - Husband

I am a chicken when it comes to my kids or myself for that matter, getting hurt or being sick. Which makes me so thankful that my husband is a Doctor. For example: Last night while we were having dinner M fell forward and hit her chin with the table causing her to bite her tongue (hard!) and she bled a lot. I was a mess and there was no way I was going to look inside her mouth. Dr.D, ever so calmly, asked M to open her mouth inspected it, poured some sugar onto her tongue and told her to keep her mouth closed, end of story. He is my hero, never more so than when Mia was diagnosed in November with Moyamoya, he knew just what to do, he made all the right calls, got us an appointment with the top surgeon for Moyamoya in under a day, spoke to the doctors and asked all the right questions, he was so strong. I know that inside he was just as scared as I was, but one of us had to be brave in a moment where everything seemed to be falling apart. I am so thankful and proud of the husband that I have. I am truly blessed to be his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment