Monday, April 20, 2009

Just another Monday

I used to be more of a "morning person", but now mornings are just way too hectic. Without a doubt Monday mornings are the craziest. Today L had to take coins to school, which of course I forgot all about until 8am (30 minutes before we had to run out the door). I searched everywhere around the house and gathered almost all the ones I needed. I had 25 pennies - 4 quarters - 20 dimes, but I only had 17 nickles, therefore 3 were missing. I figured I would probably have 3 nickles in the car, so I told L to put the bag of coins in her back pack while I packed her lunch and we headed out the door. When we got to school, as I waited in the line of cars, I found the 3 nickles and told L to put them with the other coins. That's when she told me "Mommy I cant because the bag isn't in my back pack, its at home". Initially I told her "ok well you tell the teacher you left them at home", but then I remembered how embarrassing it was when that happened to me, so I got out of the line of cars and drove back home, ran inside grabbed the bag and then drove back to school making it just in time for her to not be late. Hectic yes! but so worth it, right before getting to school L told me "mommy you are such a good mom thank you for going back home, I love you"

2 comments:

  1. As a former teacher, stories like this touch me. There were some days that the coins would absolutely be needed for that day's lesson, but in other cases we would be using them later in the week and I'd pick Monday as the due date to make sure they were in school in time. I would feel terrible to know that you went all the way home if we weren't using them that day. But in any case you taught your daughter that school is important, it's good to follow directions and be on time, and most importantly, you love her so much that you'd never let her be embarrassed. Good job mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet of you to run back home. I'm sure it was terribly hectic in those few moments, but I'm sure it was all worth it.

    ReplyDelete