Monday, March 30, 2009

You get 86,400 a day

Last night I was watching TV with Dr.D and we saw Joel Osteen and he said something that really got me thinking. He was talking about the importance of not wasting away your days, everyday is a gift and we should redeem each of the 86,400 seconds we get in the day. I know that I don't do that at all, I spend a lot of time just thinking about my problems and I don't take time to enjoy each moment as what it is, a gift. Joel Osteen said that if the bank would deposit $86,400 into our account each morning with a catch, any money not spent at the end of the day would be taken out of the account, we would make sure to spend it entirely. If you think about it, the time we receive each day all 86,400 seconds, are also only ours for a day and when the day is over that time is gone, we don't get it back. I am going to try to make a conscious effort to spend my time wisely. Time is not something we can get back, when its gone, its gone.

1 comment:

  1. wow. I never thought of it that way. I would surely spend every penny of that as well. What a great way to look at every day :)

    p.s. love the new look here!

    ReplyDelete