Monday, March 23, 2009

Passion for cooking

I truly enjoy cooking. Something about throwing a bunch of different ingredients into a pot and coming out with something that is tasty and smells good is really rewarding for me. Here is a recipe for scallops that I made for dinner tonight.

1 lb of baby scallops
6 mushrooms diced in big chunks
1 small onion sliced thick
3 cloves of garlic minced
3 tbs of lime juice
1/4 cup of white wine
2 tbs of olive oil

I don't measure these so throw them in according to your taste

fresh cilantro
garlic powder
paprika powder
salt
pepper

Heat the olive oil and throw in the garlic, mushrooms and onion cook for about 2 minutes. Add the baby scallops and cilantro. Season with garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Add the lime juice and wine. Cook for a couple of minutes until the scallops are done. Serve over rice.

Voila yummy scallops for dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Yea! Recipes! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leidy, I will link you up on my Zoe Grapho (hazelsheryllchua.blogspot.com) blog, too. Thanks! :)

    FoodCouch

    ReplyDelete