Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MoyaMoya

The word Moyamoya is not a word I would have ever wanted to learn about. Its a disease and until November of last year it was something I didn't even know existed. Unfortunately, after a very stressing week of doctors appt and a MRI/MRA my 4 year old (at the moment 3) was diagnosed with Unilateral Moyamoya.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moyamoya_disease
Everything from November 20Th on feels like a blur I was a walking zombie and all I could focus on was getting her to the best doctor so that she could have the surgery that she needed. Everything moved along really quickly and even though I don't understand why this happened I feel we were blessed because we caught this before any damage was made. We traveled to Boston Children's Hospital to meet with Dr. Michael Scott who to me was an angel sent straight from God to us and on Dec 10Th 2009 M had brain surgery. I cant think about that day without getting teary because it is by far the last thing any parent wants to go through but everything came out perfectly, her recooperation was really fast and we where back home 4 days later. Today is exactly 3 month after the surgery and everything is great.
M truly is my inspiration, she is so brave and strong and I feel blessed to be her mommy.

2 comments:

  1. I have actually never heard of Unilateral Moyamoya. I will have to click on your link to learn more.

    Your daughter is absolutely precious! What a blessing she is. So glad her recovery went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Mia are an inspiration to us all. I am so glad you posted about her journey. I know it will help other parents facing the same trials that your family did. You can inspire others to be hopeful.

    ReplyDelete