Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"happiness is a journey not a destination"

My husband gave me a card a few weeks ago with the quote "Happiness is a journey not a destination" and it really hit me. For as long as I can remember I have been waiting for something to happen before I can be happy...you know truly happy I always think if only this or that would happen then I would be happy. The main problem with me thinking that way is that its an illusion, there is no way that happiness will come and stay after you complete all your to do's. Instead happiness comes in small doses everyday and to truly be happy you have to learn to acknolodge those moments and enjoy them. Its easier said than done, but I am definately working on it.

1 comment:

  1. Very wise insight. The journey is definitely better spent with friends :)

    ReplyDelete