Friday, March 13, 2009

Greener by the minute

I have fallen in love with the idea of becoming a greener family for numerous reasons ranging from health to mother earth.

Here is a list of the top 5 things I have been doing.

1. I carry a tote to the supermarket instead of using plastic bags and when I do use plastic bags then I reuse them at home as trash bags.

2. I try to buy organic as much as possible, I love shopping at Wholefoods!

3. I have replaced my cleaning products with greener alternatives like
Seventh Generation and Method. ( I love the method candles)....

4. I am getting better at remembering to recycle.

5. I am encouraging my family to think green "reduce, reuse, recycle".

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing a great job! We're also trying to be a greener family. We're doing some of the things on your list, and just recently we signed up for wind energy usage, and hope to plant some veggies of our own this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Small changes can make a big difference. Once these on your list become habit and you're looking for more challenges, stop by Fake Plastic Fish (http://www.fakeplasticfish.com to learn more ways to eliminate unnecessary plastic waste from your life!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I enjoyed your articles. I signed up to follow you. I also am into organic and natural products. I post research on my blog about different topics like MSG monosodium Glutamate among others. I enjoy green living so I also look for products that I can use in my house as an alternative to store bought chemistry sets that are marketed as cleaners. Check it out at http://healthsafehome.blogspot.com
    Talk to you soon. Thanks

    ReplyDelete